Some help from our friends...
Health & Safety
- There is no foolproof way to protect your home against a break-in, as a determined thief will find a way, but certain steps will help deter it.
- When a school looks clean and healthy, people tend to have a positive attitude about it. But looks can be deceiving: a clean-looking school may have been cleaned merely for appearance and not for health. Desks may have heavy chemical residues and bacterial contamination. Restrooms may have been treated with a harsh disinfectant — the sink handles wiped but not sanitized. A fragranced deodorizer or air freshener may be hanging in the air emitting chemicals without addressing the source of the odor.
- Consider these workout tips for baby boomers to help you enjoy and stick with your workout routine.
- Homeowners can take a number of steps to improve air quality and create a healthier living environment.
- Families that spend more time in nature may see surprising benefits. For starters, when the family and kids are outdoors, they are not underfoot and making housekeeping challenging. But there is much more...
- Take advantage of that extra hour to attend to these important tasks.
- Before you store your out-of-season clothing, there's a few tips you should keep in mind.
- While toilet paper might not be the first thing on your mind, switching toilet paper can save you money.
- How to choose the best squeegee and use it to make window cleaning quick and easy.
- The strong connection between lifestyle and housekeeping is presented in this touching, reflective collection of essays.
- Details the often overlooked subject of dust and its impact on humans and the planet.
- Focuses on cleaning each room of your home the "green" way and without harmful chemicals.
- Handbook that shows readers how to take control of their own health care and deal with virtually any matter that may come up when facing a medical situation.
- Whether you're a renter, a landlord, or a homeowner, Jeff May's Healthy Home Tips will help you keep your home a clean and healthy place to live.
- Provides sustainable and healthy solutions for every room in the house - from the kitchen and bathroom to the laundry room and garage.
- HC Producer series winner Leslie Reichert demonstrates how to make your own DIY green cleaning all purpose spray.
- When it comes to household versatility, baking soda is king. Here are just some of the many cleaning uses for sodium bicarbonate.